Adapted from Kraft Foods Busy Family Recipes
I’m not sure about you, but we’re DEFINITELY feeling the summer heat here in Texas so far. Still not the scorching temperatures we’ll be hitting in the later months, but hot and muggy just the same. Other than hitting the pool (and wearing out the kids…bonus!), cooling off with a delicious cold treat it just what the doctor ordered!
This Creamy Orange Dream Pie is full of creamy, refreshing flavor. Another great thing? It’s SUPER easy to make! Whip a few things together, refrigerate a bit, and then you’re enjoying the perfect dessert! This will definit
- 80 Wafer cookies (like Nilla wafers), finely crushed
- ½ stick Butter, melted
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 pkg. (small) Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz. Whipped cream, thawed
- 2 cups Orange sherbet, softened
- In a 13×9 pan, line foil with the ends extending over the sides of the pan.
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, mix pudding mixes and milk until well blended. Stir in half of the whipped cream. Spoon evenly over the crust. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Mix sherbet and remaining whipped cream until well blended. Spoon over pudding layer after done in the fridge.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. Use the foil ends to remove the dessert from the pan before cutting to serve.
I bet this recipe could be altered for pretty much any flavor; it just depends on the ice cream. I’m eager to try it with chocolate or mixed berry. What would you try, and if you do try something, let us know how it turns out!